Make a journal jar

A journal doesn’t have to be a diary. It can also be a book where your child writes about ideas or answers questions, like “If you could do anything next summer, what would you choose?” A journal jar is a place to keep all those ideas and questions.
Wash and decorate a wide-mouthed jar, like one that used to contain peanut butter. Then, write or print out journal prompts on slips of paper. Ask your child to pull out one prompt each day and write about it in her journal.

Here are some journal prompt ideas:

  • I get excited when………
  • My favorite birthday present was……….
  • If I could be a superhero I would be………
  • My idea of fun is……..
  • If I lived in a jungle I would....
  • My favorite season is…….
  • On my first day of school I………
  • If I could be an animal I would be……
  • My favorite kind of weather is……
  • What I know most about is……..
  • People think that I'm……..
  • I'm a good friend because.....
  • My favorite out-of-school activity is.....
  • If I was president I would.....
  • I'm best at.....
  • I wish people knew that.....
  • If trees could talk they would say....
  • If I was invisible I would....
  • The last time I laughed really hard was when.....
  • My favorite food/color/sport/sibling/teacher/subject/animal/season is.....

No comments:

Post a Comment